How to play with friends in Shark Online club
You can play online with 1,2 or 3 other students or friends, if you are missing a player Shark Robots will fill in, unlike BBO there is no charge to run robots.
- Step 1. Open Shark and go to Online Bridge Club on the bottom main menu ( the diamond suit ). If it is the first time you opening Shark it will prompt to Login or register if you don't have an account.
The following steps explain how to create a friendship between two people, note that your friends can't see who your other friends are, privacy for us is essential. You don't have to do those every time you want to start a table.
Important note: To become friends, both people need to be in the Online Bridge Club at the time.
- Step 2. Once you are in Online Bridge Club, select Friends and Players from the top of the screen. A list of player groups will show up.
- Step 3. Select Online Players and locate the person you want to be friends with. You can also use the search box at the top of the groups.
- Step 4. Now that you have your friends in the list press on their nickname, and then press on "Add Friend", if that option is missing, it means you are already friends.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each player you want to be friends with. When you are done, focus on the table's list, on mobile devices choose Tables on the very top of the screen, and the tables will load.
You can quickly see if any of your friends are playing by selecting 'My Friends" on the left-hand side of the tables' list, and you will only see tables with your friends. If there are no such tables, touch / click 'My Friends' again, and you can see all the tables.
Starting a table.
- Step 1. Select 'Start New Game' on the top right corner.
- Step 2. From 'Who can join your game' select 'Friends Only'.
- Step 3. Robot's skill is not very important when you plan to play with 4 players, as they will be available to give hints when you ask.
- Step 4. Next is essential when you plan to play without robots, select Robot's play, choose the last option 'No Robots'
- Step 5. Selection of bidding system is only valid for robot hints if you are playing with four people
- Step 6. Select practice ( hands can be skipped and played with all cards face up), allow or prevent kibitzing.
- Step 7. Press Play, and in a second or two, you will be sitting at a table.
Now for those that are going to join.
The creator of the table did all the work
- Step 1. Find the table with your friend
- Step 2. Press on 'Play for XXXX' the seat you want to take, in 1-2 seconds you will be at the table
Inviting players to a table you are sitting at:
- Step 1. Press on the tray for the seat you want to invite a player. You get a list of player groups.
- Step 2. Select the appropriate group, find the player you want.
- Step 3. Press on its nickname and then press on 'Invite Plyer'
If you touch on a player's name in the hand tray, a small menu comes up with brief players stats and the option to 'Add as a friend', ' Boot' or 'Block player'.